Today, Avery was trying to sell me on the idea of a family dog. I wasn't going for it, so she told me that she would take care of it all by herself.
Me: Who would walk the dog?
Avery: Me, of course!
Me: Who would give the dog a bath?
Avery: Me!
Me: Who would feed it?
Avery: ME!!!
Me: And who would pick up its poop?
Avery: ..........Mmmmm......Uh, I think Daddy would do that.
So much for that idea, because I know who would really pick up the poop, and I already have creatures I that I have to pick up poop after. I'm not looking for another one.
Summer 2015 part 1 of 2
8 years ago
4 comments:
We have a dog and while she is a very obedient, never peeing/pooping in the house wonderful dog.....I won't be getting another for a very long time (should she kick the bucket). Mine is a very petty reason though, I don't like dog smell and I do my best to keep the house smelling like apples and cinnamon. Perhaps you could appease Ms. Avery with a pet fish? We just got a Beta for under $4 at Wal*Mart. lol
I hear ya sista! Drew and Liz want a pet, but I don't and I know it would be me taking care of the pet and almost all it's messes, so it's just not going to happen.
Yes, a dog is where I draw the line...my basement is a zoo!
My kids are dying for a dog. Maybe you should try a fish. I think they are pretty easy. Our first didn't last long but now we have a Beta and that seems to be doing good. (cross my fingers) but I agree, cleaning poop all day doesn't sound fun!
Post a Comment