Saturday, June 7, 2008

Summer time, and the livin' is easy

Summer is officially here. The temps today topped 100, and it is HUMID, so it feels like it's about 200.
Evidence that the Fleming summer is in full swing:
Sweaty kids eating ice cream.


Sweaty kids with ice cream all over their faces.

Kids begging for more ice cream (he's making the sign for "more.")

Kids swimming.



Flip flop tan lines on my feet.

Little Mermaid kickboards. Oops, I mean manly surfboards.

Vultures hanging out on the roof across the street.

What's that, you say? Yes, it's a vulture, and it's in our neighborhood. Scott has been working at home this week. On Thursday, I went up to take him a snack in the office, and he had his binoculars out and was looking across the street. I didn't believe him at first, but sure enough, there was a vulture. I don't know why this guy was outside. I thought vultures lived in the dessert, not hot and humid Virginia. I went outside to get a closer look and try to take a picture, but I scared him onto our neighbor's roof, so this is the best I could do. I'm still not sure what he was after, but I saw him the next day again. This bird was huge, and I mean HUGE. He had a big, ugly red head and when he flew off he had the biggest wings I've ever seen on a bird.

5 comments:

Jeppson Clan said...

Cute, cute kids. I love the one with their heads together & of your suntanned feet. I wish we lived closer!

flem-fam said...

I wish we lived closer too!

~TMcGee~ said...

You have such pretty kids. :) I also love the sign language picture, very funny.

Natalie C. said...

Correction- about 240 degrees. It's horrible!! Your purple toenails are AWESOME!!!!!! I wish I had such pretty toes. :) (And I wish I had been taking my kids to ice cream & swimming instead of hiding inside my air conditioned house & stressing about my trip to Utah.)

Rich and Luz Stearns said...

OMG a vulture in little Alexandria?????? I don't know if that'll convince me to visit you. I'm scared girl!!!!!