Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Naughty little two-year-old

On Monday night, Donovan walked up to me, and with a big smile on his face said "Money, ate it!" After further questioning and hand gestures, I realized that he had, in fact, ingested a coin. Like any good mom who feels that google is as reliable as any doctor, I did some "research" and discovered that the penny should come out in about 12-24 hours. So for the past two days, I have had the immense pleasure of going through Donovan's diaper looking for loose change each and every time he does his business. It has been one of the highlights of motherhood for me. Yesterday, after several attempts at finding it, I still had not found the coin. I felt sure that I would see it this morning, which would pass the 24 hour mark. Well, Donovan left me a present, but there was no money inside, so I decided to give the doctor a call. They insisted that I head down to the x-ray center to have an x-ray to make sure that it wasn't lodged inside him. I packed him up and we headed over to get a picture of his insides. Luckily, the wait wasn't long, but Donovan really didn't like a) putting on a hospital gown b) being held down on a table or c) the people taking the x-rays. After a couple of x-rays, they technicians determined that the penny wasn't there, which either means that he never really did eat that coin, or I somehow missed it in my treasure hunting. Either way, I feel extremely bugged that I went digging through another person's poop for no reason at all.

So no, this was not one of my favorite days of motherhood. To top it off, Avery was up all night with the barfs, so I'm a bit tired. Normally, I think I may have seen the humor in this situation. Maybe I will tomorrow. Well, ok, as I post these pictures, it does make me laugh a little.

Don't make me wear a nightgown, mom!

He really didn't like being on that hard table.

Afterwards, he just kept pointing at the door and saying "go home."


Oh, and I cut Donovan's hair the other day, see?

7 comments:

~TMcGee~ said...

Ironically my first thought when I saw the pics was "YOU CUT HIS CURLS!!!" gasp. :-) I've had to dig through toddler poop before myself and that is not a fun chore. I'm sorry Avery had the barfs, I hate the barfs, in fact I'd be more upset over the barfs than the penny but I'm weird like that. Hugs lady, the weekend is almost here!

E said...

I laughed out loud at this post!!! I am so sorry you had to handle gross body fluids;(

Kyla Armstrong said...

Hi! I'm so glad you found us!!! My kid the same thing - only with an apricot pit last summer. I was frantic, looking everywhere, but I couldn't find it and I didn't know where else it could be, but inside of him. So I rushed him to urgent care, they did x-rays, which he hated. Then the on call pediatrician went over them with me and no pit inside him. Bleh! As soon as we get home, I much more calmly look over the backyard where he had been and sure enough, there is the dang pit. Toddler boys - I tell you!

Natalie C. said...

Barf and poop! My favorites! Is it just me or do we love the school year so much more than mischievous summers sometimes?

Jeppson Clan said...

great post T! i hope your weekend is nice and relaxing and that scott changes all the diapers for you.
way to go taking the pictures of donovan at the hospital. i love his curls, but his haircut looks great too!

Wendi said...

Hysterical!!

Tag you're it! See my blot for info!!

Teri said...

Tiffer!

Ohhh, your a good mom to dig through your sons poop!!! I probably would have done the same thing, but would have been gagging the whole time!