Today, we went with Avery's preschool class to Frying Pan Farm. We went a couple of weeks ago, but today, I remembered my camera! The kids were excited to see the baby animals, ride on the wagon and eat a picnic, but the highlight by far was that the peacock had it's feathers on display.
Isn't he beautiful?
There was a new batch of baby pigs born this time - NINE! When we went last time, there was another litter with only two, and I kept thinking that the mama pig should write some sort of parenting book. Her two babies were nursing while she was sound asleep. When they were done eating, they went in the corner, went potty, and then curled up and went to sleep! Now that's good parenting right there!
Here are the new little piggies. Donovan kept snorting at them.
And here is their mama. Not a very good picture through the fence, but look at the size of this lady!

The peacock pen was next to the turkeys, and everytime the peacock would put his tail up, this turkey would get his feathers ruffled up as big as he could. I think there is some sort of competition going on. And this turkey was huge, and I mean HUGE. He could probably feed 30 people for Thanksgiving.
The peacock pen was next to the turkeys, and everytime the peacock would put his tail up, this turkey would get his feathers ruffled up as big as he could. I think there is some sort of competition going on. And this turkey was huge, and I mean HUGE. He could probably feed 30 people for Thanksgiving.
For some reason, this turkey was in a pen all alone, but Donovan loved her. I was afraid he was going to grab her around the neck and try to take her home. And if you look closely, you can see that she has a horn growing out the top of her head. Maybe that's why she's all alone!
I could barely drag Donovan away from the cow, this one was his favorite.
And here is the cute Giraffe class, with their darling teacher, Miss Mende. Avery really loves her teacher, and so do I. She really has a love for the kids.
4 comments:
I agree! The pig should write a breastfeeding/co-sleeping book. She makes it sound so easy. :) Looks like you all had a great time. You're such a good mommy, taking the kiddos to all these neato spectacular places. :-)
Just letting you know I'm peaking in--I love how blogger and the internet allow you to keep up with old friends after you leave the ward!
On this post, I have to say I love the farm and zoos too. I usually take too many pictures when I go.
You must have a great camera. Those are really beautiful pictures. We didn't have a very good time at the farm. We didn't dress warm enough & my kids are also scared of animals. It was kind of low-grade misery the whole 3 or 4 hours. I like the pumpkin patch field trip a little better. :)
I LOVE TIFFANY FLEMING. There I said it. I do. You're the best.
Post a Comment