Today, I took my kids to the park. Avery had a great time walking around and picking up caterpillars. Donovan had a great time trying to break his neck on the playground equipment built for 12 year olds. When it was time to go, Avery approached me and told me that she wanted to take her two special caterpillars home. She had one in each hand. I told her no, that I knew they would get dropped in the car, and I didn't really want caterpillars anyway. She started begging, and I told her very calmly that caterpillars live outside and how would she like it if someone came and took her out of her home and took them to their home. She immediately started sobbing and told me that the caterpillars would be lonely and how would *I* like it if I had to live alone outside in the park. She professed her love to these caterpillars, telling me how special they were to her, how she would carefully hold one in each hand all the way home and wouldn't drop or squish a single one until we got home when she could put them into a jar and watch them build a cocoon and turn into beautiful butterflies.
We now have two caterpillars lost somewhere in our car.
Summer 2015 part 1 of 2
7 years ago
2 comments:
Too funny. That Avery sounds a lot like a college roommate I used to have.
Yes, as you saw we have a mini-van. (I know.) It has automatic doors and the license plate holder says "Brigham Young University Alumni"...gasp...how did this HAPPEN to me? The girl who swore she would never drive a mini-van.
Two words:
Motherhood. Convenience.
funny...
Post a Comment