Sunday, April 6, 2008

And we're back...

Yesterday, we went back to the farm. Yes, I know we've already been twice in the last couple of weeks, but the kids really wanted Scott to see the baby piggies. So we went. As it turns out, there was a barrel racing competition going on there, which was pretty cool. The kids were really into it. Also, Avery milked a cow! There was a cow milking demonstration, and at the end, the lady asked if any of the kids wanted to milk the cow. A few did, but several were afraid to get too near her. Avery wasn't afraid at all. She walked right up and milked that cow!
Our little milkmaid. She loved the milking so much that she actually forgot to pose for the camera.

Donovan, wishing he was as tall as Avery (he's standing on his toes).

At the barrel racing.

The baby piggies were very funny. They were super hyper, running around and around. The kids thought it was hilarious.

We also got a better picture of their mama in all her glory.

Scott pointed out to me just how ugly this turkey is. It's the same one I posted a couple of days ago, but I never realized how gross their faces are! I'll have to get this image out of my head by November, and now you will too!

We actually got Donovan to sit still for a minute and pose in front of some flowers!
We never have to convince Avery!

We also went to the Fair Lakes Springfest and lunch at our beloved Pei Wei. That's actually the real reason we were in the farm neighborhood. To be honest, the springest was a little bit lame, but Avery did get to climb a palm tree.


She also loved the petting zoo.

Donovan didn't mind the petting zoo as long as we didn't put him anywhere near the pen or the animals.

1 comment:

s said...

T, am I crazy or does Donovan look JUST LIKE the boys? He is a cutie! I love your blog -- it is so much fun and totally inspires me to get working on mine!