Tonight, we took the kids to the Festival of Lights at the Washington DC Temple. We have gone every year since we've lived here. We usually make it there before Christmas or on Christmas Day, but due to various illnesses, didn't make it up there until tonight. It was beautiful, as usual.
Highlights included the live Nativity:
The beautiful Christus statue:
Scott, checking to see that I am using my new camera properly (I was not):
Posing in front of the beautiful lights:
Nativity scenes from around the world. Here are a few of my favorites:
Playing the missionary's harp:

We also saw an amazing photography exhibit by Mark Mabry called "Reflections of Christ." Check it out here, his photographs are really beautiful.
When I saw this face, I knew it was time to go home:

Avery wanted to wear this coat tonight. She found it in a pile of things to give to Goodwill and freaked out that I was giving it away. She thinks it still fits. Not SO bad in the first one...

Avery wanted to wear this coat tonight. She found it in a pile of things to give to Goodwill and freaked out that I was giving it away. She thinks it still fits. Not SO bad in the first one...
Yikes! Size 4T definitely does not fit us anymore! I think I'm going to have to sneak it away while she sleeps tonight.
6 comments:
HIDE THE GOODWILL PILE! I have put a giant stuffed dog in that pile so many times I can't remember - you know where it is now? Still in a closet. I now make the pile, put it in a bag and stash it in the garage.
The Washington DC temple just takes my breath away. Beautiful pictures. I laughed at the one of Scott helping you with the camera and I love how Avery poses, and then how Donovan copies her. Classic!
So, I usually ask, but this time I didn't, so I'm asking now. Can I put the link to your blog on my blog? I know some people are opposed, so I always ask...
Wow, the Washington D.C temple is so pretty! It looks like you had a fun Christmas with your family. Happy New Year!
Thanks Brenda for connecting us. Glad to be able to check in on you T.
Love the coat! And Dono's hair! It is so cute and he has so much of it now. He is such a big boy!!
I realized I haven't checked your blog in forever! I guess my sidebar wasn't pulling yours up! I need to work on that! Anyway, fun updates! You guys broke down and got a Wii huh? I don't know...Ryan may break me down soon....
Post a Comment