Saturday, December 27, 2008

Check us out - we cut down our own tree!

I didn't know you could do stuff like this in the DC area. In Oregon, there's practically a Christmas tree farm on every corner, but I had never heard of one here. However, this year, I was determined that we would cut down our own tree, and I found a tree farm only about a half hour from our house. It was bitter cold the day we cut it down, and I felt like Clark W. Griswold when I was yelling at my crying children that they were going to have fun making this Christmas memory whether they liked it or not. In the end, they admitted that they had fun, so see? I was right!
This is our tree! It seemed big when we were out in the "forest," but when we got back to our house, it's really not very big, which is probably for the best anyway, since we have a small living room.

Everyone took a turn cutting. Well, everyone except for me. I supervised. And took pictures.





I didn't help carry it back to the car either. But I supervised that as well. Look what a good job they are doing. That is some good supervision right there.

Scott decided this method was less prickly:

Then, they decided that the best plan of all was to wait for the wagon to come and pick them up.

No comments: