After our wonderfully lazy summer, we have been thrust into the busyness of fall. It seems we're always running to get somewhere. Here is what we have been doing for the past month:
Donovan:
Dono is doing his best to ensure that he is the baby of our family. He is such a sweet, sensitive little boy, but man, does he have a naughty streak! It's amazing how much I love someone that drives me so crazy. Donovan started preschool one day a week at Avery's school. On top of that, I am doing a "mommy-preschool" with two of my friends, so he does that one additional day per week. We take turns teaching. He tells me he doesn't like either type of school ("Dono no like school"), but when I pick him up afterwards, he goes on and on about how much fun he had there. Last week, we went to the zoo with some friends. He does NOT like the gorillas, but loved the other animals, especially the panda bears.
Avery is at such a delightful age right now. She loves school, soccer and dance equally. She is excited to get up and go to kindergarten everyday. She loves her teachers and the other kids in her class. Most of all, she loves doing her homework. She is very proud that she scored a goal in her soccer game on Saturday, and wants to tell everyone about it. She just finished her first chapter book that she read all by herself (it was one of the "Magic Treehouse" books). It is so much fun to see her reading. I remember how much I loved reading as a little girl, and I am happy to see that she is finding the same love of books. For the first time, she sat through all of General Conference last weekend. She played "Conference Bingo" and listened to the talks.
At the soccer game. She didn't want to take off her sunglasses:
Soccer besties:
Busy as usual at work. He just got back from speaking at two conferences, one in Las Vegas and one in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. He has been making a real effort to be at Avery's soccer practices, which Avery loves (and so do I!).
Tiffany:
I am loving the cooler fall weather. We have spent a lot of time outside with friends in the afternoons and early evenings at our neighborhood park. The most exciting thing that has happened to me is the arrival of our new piano! On Sunday morning, we got a couple phone calls, saying someone had moved and was unable to take their piano, so they had left it in the church parking lot for some reason. The Bishop said that it must be moved immediately, so the guys in the ward brought it to our house! I love it, and have been having a great time playing. Avery already has piano lessons lined up for next fall, and I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment