Monday, October 13, 2008

I love long weekends


Scott had the day off today, so we made our annual trek to Homestead Farms to pick our pumpkin from the patch.

Enjoying lunch (we did not enjoy the bees):


Avery picked this beautiful bouquet for me:

The hayride out to the pumpkin patch:
Avery made a nest in the hay:

In the patch. Avery picked a red pumpkin, and Donovan picked a white one.
Avery thought this huge pumpkin was really cool:

This year, we also picked apples. Most of the apples on the lower branches had already been picked, so having a lightweight with us was helpful:

8 comments:

Rist Family said...

Cute pictures! It is so funny the difference in your trip to the pumpkin patch compared to mine. We were bundled up in winter coats and you guys are wearing short sleeves!!

Lea said...

How fun! I love the shots of Donovan airborne in the apple trees.

Unknown said...

Okay, why am I not listed under people we like? Totally cute pics. Your kids are so cute !!

s said...

It looks like so much fun. It was fun chatting today although I forgot like twenty questions I have for you! I finally updated my blog- and there is a tribute to you! Talk to you soon? And great music!

Kas said...

I hardly even recognize Avery! She's grown so big and changed so much! Beautiful! Fun to see you on here!

Stolle Family said...

You've got such cute kids! Fun to see pictures of your family!

Laci said...

Adorable!
What are you doing for Thanksgiving? I think Krista is coming here. You should too!!!

Laci said...

Adorable!
What are you doing for Thanksgiving? I think Krista is coming here. You should too!!!