On Sunday night, I was looking online, and found several recipes for knock off Pinkberry. On Monday morning, I went immediately to the store and bought this:
It's a soft serve maker. Ever since, I have been whipping up "Pinkberry" at least twice a day. It tastes pretty close to Pinkberry, and it's way healthier than Pinkberry, which is apparently loaded with about a million chemicals and preservatives. The recipe that I have been using is just unsweetened Greek yogurt with a little sweetener and milk, and it is delish! My kids can't get enough and think they are getting away with murder when I let them eat it for breakfast! I think this picture says it all.
Here's the recipe I've been using. There are fancier ones out there, but I like this one, and it seemed easier and healthier than some that I've seen. The original recipe didn't call for milk, but I found it was too creamy without it and I've been tweaking the amount of sweetener to give it just the right amount of tanginess
- 1 16 oz. tub non-fat Greek strained yogurt (I have used Fage and the Trader Joe's brand, and both turned out about the same.)
- 1/4 cup sweetener (sugar or splenda, or a combo of the 2)
- 3/4 milk
Mix it together and then dump it in the ice cream maker. Keep it in there until it's frozen and of soft serve consistency. I've been topping mine with berries, mango, pineapple, almonds and/or bananas. Whatever your heart desires. Enjoy!
Makes 2 LARGE servings, each has:
150 calories
0 grams fat
13 grams sugar
about 25% your daily calcium
Here are pictures of the yogurt, so you know what you're looking for at the store. Dannon or Yoplait just won't cut it.
8 comments:
Hmmm. When are we coming over for breakfast???
That looks wonderful. I take it those types of yogurt can only be bought at health food type stores or higher end grocery stores? I'm thinking my local hicksville Super Wal*Mart won't cut it. lol
Yum! I have been going through PinkBerry withdrawls. I can't wait to get an icecream maker and try this myself.
Yum, yum. I want some! When are you going to invite me over to see your new place and try some?
super addiction! and to faith, if you look hard enough at your hick town walmart, they do carry the yogurt. sometimes if you are luck, you can even find the soygurts there too in case anyone wanted to know.....
iceberry in Reston town center. Check it out.
http://www.iceberryus.com/locations.html
there is one in springfield.
Oooh, Sharon, THANK YOU!!! Now I know what we're having for dinner! Have you had it? It looks like a total rip off - their colors are even exactly the same! It says "all natural" though, and I know that Pinkberry has gotten a lot of flack for saying it's healthy and really being full of chemicals. So maybe it is better! I'll let you know how it goes!
Post a Comment