Last Friday, Avery, Donovan and I took my mom up to visit Amish country. She has wanted to do it for years, but every time she comes to visit, something seems to come up and we don't make it. It was a great trip. The kids spent the ride up like this:
The highlight of the trip was the buggy ride. The driver is from an Amish family and told us a lot of interesting info about the Amish that I didn't know before.
Donovan was so into the buggy ride he couldn't be bothered to look at the camera:

Avery, of course, made the time to pose. She got this authentic Amish outfit on our trip. Amish people love Strawberry Shortcake, right?

Avery, of course, made the time to pose. She got this authentic Amish outfit on our trip. Amish people love Strawberry Shortcake, right?
Other trip highlights included a trip to the Amish petting zoo. It's really a regular petting zoo, but anything located in Lancaster county you can just put the word "Amish" in front of and it sounds a lot better (We also filled up our gas at the Amish gas station, by the way).
3 comments:
I don't know why but the Amish gas station cracked me up the most. lol Well, that and the goat that rode around on it's mother's back...pretty funny. Glad you all had a fun time with your mom. :-)
I have always wanted to go up there, but I haven't made it..we'll have to do it before we leave VA perminantly
So adorable! We love our Amish friends. They have the BEST strawberries! Kijanna wants to be an Amish girl for Halloween.
Post a Comment