Donovan finished preschool this week. He ended the year with a spring recital, where he sang "5 Little Monkeys" and "This Little Light of Mine" with his class. He knew all the words and was the loudest singer in the class. After the recital, he made sure I could hear him, I assured him I could.
I'm so proud of how much Donovan has grown this year. He was a bit timid at the beginning of the year, and was unsure about going to preschool. On the last day of school, he burst into tears and told me he was going to miss Miss Linda and he didn't want Monkey Class to be over with. He has the same teacher Avery had when she was his age, Miss Linda. I am convinced that Miss Linda is the closest thing there is to an angel on earth. She is the nicest, most soft spoken woman. Yet the kids listen to her and mind her. She's a magician! I can barely get one 4 year old to listen to me, yet she can get a roomful of 3 and 4 year olds to behave, and I don't think she's yelled once in her life. She's amazing. We'll miss being having Miss Linda for a teacher.
Donovan played soccer with some of the kids in the neighborhood this year. My friend Deanna put together a little team and did some drills with the kids each week. They loved it.
Hanging with his buddy Clayton:
Doing the silly dance after he made a goal:
Coach Deanna and the team:
1 comment:
What a cutie he is! I remember going to Avery's Spring Recital. I wish I could have been there for Donovan's.
Post a Comment