Sunday, February 22, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year


This afternoon, I heard a knock on the door. Normally, I do not like to get unexpected knocks on my door because usually 1) it is someone trying to sell me something. (Most recently meat. Door to door meat? Who ever heard of such a thing?) or 2) It's a friend and my house is a mess and I don't want them to see my mess. Well, today, it was the GIRL SCOUTS SELLING COOKIES!!!! I know this technically falls into category #1, but I was just so happy to see them. I love Girl Scout cookies! Let's be honest, what red-blooded American DOESN'T?!? So I went to grab my wallet, which fortunately had lots of cash in it. However, when I came back to the door, they told me that they only had one box of Thin Mints and two boxes of Samoas. Who can live off of 3 boxes of Girl Scout cookies for an entire year? So I did what any normal person would do and insist that they go home to get more cookies. And they did. We now have 14 boxes of GS cookies in the house, which Scott thinks is more than enough, but I'm unsure if they will last me until next February. However, Scott keeps reminding me that as they were leaving I was yelling out my front door that if they had any they need to unload at the end of their fundraiser to please, please remember where I lived, so maybe I'll be lucky enough to score some more. Every good Mormon mom needs an adequate food storage, right? (Oh, and yes, I did technically buy them on a Sunday, but this is supporting a cause, right? So really, it is not shopping, it is more like paying my tithing on a Sunday.)

9 comments:

Dana Broderick said...

14 boxes? WOW. I'm impressed! Good food storage for sure!!! I haven't seen any girl scouts this year yet...send them over to my house, would ya?

Jeppson Clan said...

you ARE hilarious! 14 boxes...you were probably leaning out your window yelling your address too right? don't forget where I live little girl... too funny. i love ya! and i do love girl scout cookie season too. so yummy.

April said...

So funny! Do you freeze them or do they just last that long?! Unfortunately for us, we never had the opportunity to order any cookies! So, I have to hope that they'll be hanging out in front of the grocery store!!

Tanya Dow said...

Door to door meat, we have those weirdos here too - YUCK!! That little girl hit the jackpot when she knocked on your door :)

Shannon said...

That is really funny because when I see the GS selling outside of a store I think of when we bought some GS cookies on that road trip we took to Denver. Don't really know why that part sticks out so much. I also think about that pizza that we loved so much we ordered it twice that weekend. I guess that just shows you what I think about most! Love your blog!

Teri said...

I love girl scout cookies too!! They skipped my house last year! I was ripped!

I love this song "icecream" that is on your blog. I used to have this cd, it's on the bed of roses soundtrack. I just might have to copy you and add it to my blog.

Hope your doing good - Teri

Marcy said...

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES ROCK!!! I'm with you on that one...it's a good thing they didn't show up at my door!!

Brenny said...

I just want to point out that there is a world of difference between meat and girl scout cookies. You make me laugh! I can't believe you sent them home for more. I can seriously see you yelling out the door telling them to remember where you live so they can unload any left overs. Oh my goodness, my side hurts from laughing!

Brenny said...

Hey, I just noticed Shannon on your blog. If you have access to her blog, tell her to sent me an invite to her blog! I haven't heard from her in years!