Sunday, February 15, 2009

Scott's Utah Trip

This week I (Scott) took some time off to go snowboarding in Utah. (I'd write this in third person but Tiffany always makes fun of me when I do that. )

I was invited by a buddy to head out there for a week, his wife's family has a cabin that's walking distance from Brighton, up Big Cottonwood Canyon. Here's what you can see of the cabin under the snow:

It was very cosy, and very warm. We never lit up a fire in the hearth, I think we might have melted if we'd tried. I had to open a window some nights just to keep things comfortable. Here's a shot of part of the inside:

We had a great time. It snowed every day this week so the snow was deep. On Friday the sun finally came out for most of the day - that's when we took this one:

The skier in the photo is Andrew, he's the man with the cabin. Thanks for the invite!

This one is from earlier in the same day, we had just ridden down through the rocky chute in the center of the photo. You can't really tell how steep it is from the photo, which is probably the snowboarding equivalent of a fish story. I swear, it was SO steep . . . Still, not bad for an aging, balding, father of two.

This was from day 3, after I'd started to get my groove back. This would be a lot more impressive if I'd ridden away clean, but it still felt like a decent drop:

All in all it was a pretty great trip. I sure am glad to be home though. Now I just need to figure out how to move my family to Utah so I can do this kind of thing all the time. . . Anyone out there hiring?

No comments: