I can't believe it! I can't get away with saying I have a baby anymore. He is a full-fledged big kid. It doesn't matter that he has been the size of a three year old for 6 months, actually saying he is TWO makes him seem so much older to me! His birthday is on Saturday. When Avery turned 2, we sat down and discussed her birthday party beforehand. She told me that she wanted a "pink and purple princess party," told me who she wanted to invite, and which park she wanted to have it at. We went to the party store, and she picked out the invitations herself. She fully knew what was going on. Donovan, on the other hand, is utterly clueless about his, or anyone else's, birthday party. He can say the names of two of his friends (Coo-Coo for Cooper and Nanna for Anna), but he doesn't get the concept of a guest list. I took him to the party store, and he just wanted to run in the isles and throw the balls! So, we decided to do without a formal birthday party this year. Poor second child...
In the morning, we went out to breakfast at "The Diner." He devoured a plate of pancakes, as well as my eggs, and part of Avery's pancakes. Maybe turning two will mean he will actually start eating food from now on.

Avery wanted to wear a hat too:
We then went, as a family to Chuck E. Cheese. Dono isn't a fan of the singing, dancing animals, but he does love the rides and the Ski-Ball.
They also got a big kick out of Air Hockey.
After naps, we went to the park, ate spaghetti (his favorite food), had cake and ice cream, and opened presents. I think he had a great birthday!
2 comments:
Tiffany! I didn't know you had a blog! How fun to see your pictures. Did you make the Cars cake? Doesn't time go way too quickly with these little ones?
Love the pictures, It is so fun to see the changes in the kids. Time flies so fast. Love "Dono's" hair. I think Jacob's would do that IF he would cut it short. I can't convince him to do it.
Let us know when you are coming West and we'll see what we can swing.
Love you all, Karen
Post a Comment