Friday, March 28, 2008

Happy Birthday, Avery!

Our little girl turned 5 today!!! She woke up to a decorated bedroom and breakfast in bed (with Donovan, of course - and yes, he still has a binkie).

She got a new bike for her birthday, which we somehow failed to get a photo of. I guess we were too busy running the video camera to think about taking an actual picture. But it was a huge hit for the following 4 reasons: 1) It's pink. 2) It has ladybugs on it. Avery loves telling random strangers that her nickname is "Ladybug." 3) It has training wheels. And best of all.... 4) It is not a tricycle!!! Last week, while Avery was talking to my mom on the phone, I overheard her telling "Mum" that it was embarrassing to ride a tricycle when you are 4 and a half, almost 5. We had already decided to get her a bicycle by then, but that sealed the deal.

She wore her brand new party girl dress, with ribbons in her hair that said "Happy Birthday!"

At school, she had a special crown to wear.

Donovan and I brought cupcakes to her class for a party, and she begged us to stay the whole day, which we did! Donovan thought that was just the best thing ever, and I dread dropping her off at school next week, because I know he'll think he gets to stay with her again.

For dinner, we went to "The Pink Pizza Place" (known to the general public as Generous George's Positive Pizza and Pasta Palace). Avery decided that she wanted to try for a stuffed animal out of the machine with the claw. I rolled my eyes when Scott agreed to it, because I have never, ever seen anyone win something out of those things and I knew she'd be disappointed. Well, they won not one, not two, but THREE stuffed animals. Avery and Donovan were beside themselves with delight (Scott too)!

1 comment:

~TMcGee~ said...

I do believe you have inspired me to decorate Syd's room while she is sleeping for her 7th b-day. lol I'm not sure if my "ocdness" will allow me to do breakfast in bed though....oye :-)