After 3 days under the bili lights, the doctor finally said we could take sweet Isla home with us. Actually, what he said was that her levels were borderline and it was up to us - we could leave her under the lights in the hospital for 24 more hours and then he was certain her levels would be fine, or we could check out and do checks throughout the week, but there was a pretty good chance we may have to go back to the hospital later on. Since it was Avery's birthday, I didn't think twice, we checked right out and went home for birthday dinner.
Scott and Isla snuggling while we waited for the nurse to get her discharge papers ready. I was lucky to have a room with a bed - when we went through this with Donovan, I had to sleep on a pullout chair, which 2-3 days postpartum was not all that comfortable.

We're finally headed home!

Scott and Isla snuggling while we waited for the nurse to get her discharge papers ready. I was lucky to have a room with a bed - when we went through this with Donovan, I had to sleep on a pullout chair, which 2-3 days postpartum was not all that comfortable.
We're finally headed home!
5 comments:
I love the shirts!
What a cutie! Actually 3 cuties!!
Wow, you have three of the cutest kids ever. Love the shirts!
She is adorable! But she looks so huge! I guess when you look at my scrawny baby, any baby looks huge!
She seems see tiny to me and adorable! Can't wait to hold her more! LOVE the shirts (good thing they weren't wrong on the gender:) Cute kiddos!
Post a Comment