Sunday, November 8, 2009

Catch up - Triathlon!

September 19, Scott competed in his first ever triathon in Dewey Beach, DE. Several other guys in our ward participated as well. Our family rented a little beach house and made a fun weekend out of supporting him. Scott left for the race before the kids and I got up, but as soon as I walked out of the house, I panicked because it was FREEZING! When we got down to the beach, we found Scott bundled up like this:

But the worst part wasn't the cold, it was the ginormous waves. I was worried that he wouldn't be able to swim in such rough seas. Apparently, quite a few contenders didn't finish the swim due to the strong waves and current, and we saw more than a couple get pulled into the life guard rafts. I was a nervous wreck waiting for him to come out of that water!
I was so glad when I saw him racing up the beach!


Biking:


Crossing the finish line!
He had the cutest cheering section in the race, I'm sure it helped.

Scott and his buddies from the ward:

Our whole cheering section:

It was a lot of fun to see him in the race. I think the kids and I had almost as much fun as Scott. He is already making plans to do another one next year. He would like to start in the spring, but I told him our spring is already looking a little busy...

No comments: