Sunday, January 23, 2011

Crazy Haired Girls

Earlier this week, Avery surprised me by requesting a side ponytail for school. She asked the night before, and then reminded me in the morning, so it seems she was pretty excited about it. Hello 1980's!


I put Isla's hair into a pony tail on top of her head for the first time today. She doesn't have much, but it held! I think she kind of looks like Jack-Jack from The Incredibles in this picture.


In other news, Avery had a late over with one of her BFF's, Emma, on Friday night. It reminded me of the sleepovers I had when I was her age. I wish I got some pictures of the girls. They were so cute. I told them they could have the basement to themselves, and they watched an American Girl movie with their American Girl dolls, did each others makeup, had their very own pizza and made brownie sundaes. They giggled all night long (until 9 anyway) and were just generally adorable.

We have had a sick week this week. Isla came down with the stomach flu on Tuesday night. Poor baby, I hate when the little ones throw up and don't know what's going on, and especially the first time, when they just lay down in it and try to go back to sleep. :( By Friday, I was convinced that my other two kids had dodged the bullet, since stomach bugs seem to have a gestation of a couple of days. But Saturday morning, Donovan came down with it, and Avery got hit in the middle of the night. This week has also had the excitement of missing school for pink eye (Donovan), missing school for a federal holiday (Avery) and missing school for a snow day (both kids). It has been a long week.

2 comments:

M & J Bowerbank said...

Loving the side ponytail. Hope things will be so much better this week!

Jeppson Clan said...

her hair looks really cute shorter, did you call it a "deb" side pony? (napoleon dynamite) avery's is a lot cuter.